Originally sourced and delivered by Portal in 2006, the site has recently undergone a full refurbishment that not only involved the functional design to facilitate efficient work processes, but also created an environment that reflects the vibrant Sky brand, and encouraged collaboration and employee well-being.
The result was a tailored contact centre operation that effectively supports Sky’s staff operational and cultural requirements.
The company needed a new stimulating working environment:
Provide employees with a comfortable, spacious working environment
Create work spaces that facilitate team work and collaboration
Create an environment that reflects the vibrant Sky brand and encourages employee wellbeing
Takes into account the requirement for operatives to have clear and uninterrupted channels of communication
- Allowed Sky to increase its customer service capacity faster than other options considered
- Retain valuable customer service staff
- Have a fully designed and fitted facility that met their exact business requirement and that of their staff
- Provided flexibility to meet future capacity challenges
“The refurbishment at Tannochside has been more of a complete reinvention of the site, rather than just a refresh. It has been transformed to meet Sky’s operational requirements, delivering consistency of branding and messaging across all its sites and at the same time provide a stimulating working environment for its colleagues.”
Sky’s Sales Support Manager
What Was Included In The Solution
The work space delivered to the client by Portal provides:
- Qualified on site manager providing a single point of contact for Sky
- Supplier management, health and safety and day to day running of the site.
- Regular reporting on agreed KPI’s.
- FM provision throughout, including cleaning, maintenance and security delivered to stringent SLA’s
- Reception services
Portal’s on-site service provision comprises:
- 32,000 sq. ft. of workspace environment aligned to Sky’s brand, operational and staff’s requirements
- A secure communications room
- Modern contact environment including innovative features such as the listening post booth areas and conversation pods
- Break out areas, including pool table, table tennis and a gym area
- Training areas that include a “lounge environment” which showcases
- Sky’s range of products
- On-site restaurant
- UPS & standby generator